Marijuana Anonymous World Services currently has eight Conference Committees: Literature, Hospitals and Institutions, Public Information, Policies and Procedures, Finance, Conferences and Conventions, Outreach and Internet. All Members are assigned to a Committee, except for the MAWS President who is an ex-officio member of all Committees. Members are expected to continue their Committee participation throughout the following year.
The Committees and their responsibilities are:
- Literature Committee
- The Literature Committee is responsible for drafting and recommending for approval all of Marijuana Anonymous' literature and media. Good quality literature is one of the most important service responsibilities of MA. The Literature Committee must obtain and approve a proof prior to publication. New Conference Approved Literature and media should be forwarded to A New Leaf Publications in a timely manner. The Committee is chaired by the Trustee responsible for Literature or appointee.
- Finance Committee
- The Finance Committee is charged with the responsibility of organizing the financial affairs of Marijuana Anonymous World Services. The committee drafts an annual budget and recommends other financial priorities for MAWS. The Committee also supervises the work during the year of the MAWS Treasurer and the office staff. The Committee is chaired by the Trustee responsible for the Treasurer job or appointee.
- Policies and Procedures Committee
- The Policies and Procedures Committee is responsible for issues concerning the structure and organization of Marijuana Anonymous World Service. The Policies and Procedures Committee debates and recommends changes in the structure of MA. The committee also considers the relationship between MA, MAWS, and the legal rights and obligations imposed by the communities in which MA exists. The Policies and Procedures Committee is also responsible for the Service Manual, and all other documents which affect the organization and structure of Marijuana Anonymous. The Committee is chaired by the Trustee responsible for Policies and Procedures or appointee.
- Hospitals and Institutions Committee
- The H&I Committee is responsible for setting forth guidelines to districts on service at hospitals and institutions. This includes review of the H&I Handbook, related pamphlets and literature, helping districts establish H&I committees and more effectively carry the message of MA to the marijuana addict who is confined, in treatment, or has no other way of hearing our message. The Committee is chaired by the Trustee responsible for Hospitals and Institutions or appointee.
- Public Information Committee
- The PI Committee is charged with setting forth the guidelines to the districts on organizing and maintaining MA's outreach to the general community. The function of this committee includes creating and recommending for approval: Public Information manual, public service announcements and guidelines to be used by district PI committees as well as the MAWS office manager when communicating with the public at-large. The Committee is chaired by the Trustee responsible for Public Information or appointee.
- Conferences and Conventions Committee
- The Conferences and Conventions Committee acts as liaison between previous, present and future host district conference and convention teams to facilitate communications, information sharing and collaboration. The Committee works closely with other responsible committees to distribute information (e.g. mawsconference.org), develop an information repository and related tasks such as online registration, budget development, and district support. The Committee bears primary responsibility for developing and implementing remote conference attendance and voting, a project which was authorized at the 2013 Conference. The Committee is chaired by the Trustee responsible for Conferences and Conventions or appointee.
- Internet Committee
- The Internet Committee's responsibility is to serve all of MAWS' Internet-related functions and to investigate and develop ways to carry the message of recovery to marijuana addicts worldwide. The Committee is chaired by the Trustee responsible for Internet or appointee.
- Outreach Committee
- The Outreach Committee supports the primary purpose of carrying the message of recovery to marijuana addicts by facilitating correspondence with meetings and districts throughout the world. The committee will continue to facilitate international growth and connection through communication. The function of this committee includes investigating and developing ways to carry the message of recovery to marijuana addicts worldwide and to ensure that meetings and districts are aware of the support made available by MAWS. The Committee is chaired by the Trustee responsible for Outreach or appointee.
In addition to these committees which meet at the Conference yearly, an additional committee is formed earlier in the year to prepare for the Conference. It should be understood that the Conference Agenda Committee’s business concludes at the start of Conference and that the Committee is not an actual part of the Conference.
- Conference Agenda Committee
- The Conference Agenda Committee is responsible for collecting items from the Delegates and members for consideration at the annual conference and consolidating them into the formal Conference Agenda Items document with appropriate support materials. This must be distributed to conference members at least 90 days before the conference. The Conference Agenda Committee also assigns each business item to the appropriate conference committee; assigns conference members to conference committees; provides masters of conference documents to the Host Committee for duplication and inclusion in attendee packets; and sets the business event schedule for the entire conference.